Crafts for Kidos

Every time we have children over they beg me to do a craft. Over the years I've picked my favorites and today I'm gonna show you how to do them!

First, we're going to make an ocean scene on a plate.
 You're going to need a plate, blue paint, a fish coloring page (make sure it's fit on the plate with room for embellishments) and some things to decorate it like tissue paper, beans, blue or clear beads. 

Start by painting the plate blue. 
Then color and cut out your fish and glue it down.


Then I added tissue paper for seaweed, clear beads for air bubbles, and beans for rocks.
This is cute and simple! And your kidos can change it up how they like.
I found the original on Pinterest and even if it isn't as cute it entertains the kidos so that's the best part of a craft!

Next, we're doing another scene, in the rainforest.
You're going to need a big green sheet of paper (you could make it smaller if you don't have a big enough sheet), animal coloring pages, and then grab anything else you want in your jungle. I have some blue paper for a little pond, tissue paper for the leaves on a tree, and some beans for rocks.

Start by coloring and cutting out your animals.

Then it's time to assemble! I made the pond out of two shades of blue and put the alligator in it. Then I made a tree with a sloth hanging from one of its branches. Below the tree, I put down some beads and used some tissue paper for a bush. Then I just filled the rest with all the animals.
This one's great because it uses their imagination, they can change it up any way they want! BTW we've made an ocean and safari scene as well! =)

For the next one, you're going to need paper in parrot colors, a googly eye, scissors, a glue stick, and a little hand (I didn't have any kidos over so I used my hands =D)

Start by tracing and cutting out five hands (you can do more for a bigger bird).

Then draw a head shape and cut it out (I'm not the best drawer =P). Then just glue it all together laying the hands out like feathers.
I did this one with Betty and Daniel and they loved it! Yes, theirs turned out way better than mine! =P

I found this one on Pinterest as well, and I have to say that Betty's looks a lot like the pic! =)



And lastly, you're going to need three to four toilet paper rolls, some colored paper, scissors, and a glue stick.

Start by taking one and tracing the diameter of another one on it. Then cut it out.

Then take the other one and cute about a third of it off.

And make sure it fits into the hole. Then wrap them both in paper making sure to cut out a hole in the bottom one.

Then take your other two and wrap them with paper. Then attach them with some string.

Then add some bottle lids for wheels and your done!
This one is adorable! 
I actually found this one on Google a couple years ago (if you follow my other blog it might look familiar). In the original the painted the toilet paper rolls but I just didn't want to go to all the trouble and paint and children aren't the best mix. =P 
I hope you enjoyed these kido crafts! Please tell me in the comments below what your favorite kid crafts are! 
See you on Friday! Bye!

Comments

  1. These are all really cute! You should make a series of kids crafts since you've done so many with the children! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Essential Oils

August 2018 Weekly Writing Challenge: Write the first chapter to a novel you have no intention of ever finishing.

Minimalist Closet Tips