Tips for Painting Your Nails

 For a while now I've been playing around with nail polish. It's super cute and I love to wear it especially when I'm wearing a boring outfit.
 But sometimes it can be a pain to paint your nails, so here are some tips that have helped me and hopefully help you!

1. Choosing the nail polish. I really don't have a favorite brand I just go by the thickness, color and then, of course, the price. For clear or clear with sparkles, it really doesn't matter. If you wanted it to stay longer go for a more expensive brand, but I get mine from the dollar tree and it last about a week, so that's great! For color, I would say if it's a darker color such as black, blue, and even red can be thicker. For lighter colors, try to go a little thinner.

2. Use a top and bottom coat. Using a bottom coat will protect your nails if your using color. If you paint your nails a lot you might notice your nails having a gross yellow or greenish tint. That's just what happens, but a bottom coat will help prevent that.
 A top coat is great to make the nail polish stay on longer. It also helps smooth out any bumps or brush marks.

3. Do it while you doing something that doesn't involve your hands. When you're watching a movie you're not really using your hands and you're distracted so, just paint your nails. They'll have plenty of time to dry and you won't be awkwardly trying to do things with wet nails.
 Also, things, like reading or doing school, are great.

4. Paint only a few nails at a time. If your not in a big hurry, paint like two or three of your nails and let them dry then paint two or three more. It's really helpful 'cause if you're kinda clumsy (like me) you won't have to worry about all your nails being wet.
 I also like to make it a reward, I have to read one chapter then I can paint two nails. It becomes something more fun.

5. Cover any mistakes with sparkles. 99% of the time I make a mistake and it drives me insane! One great way to cover and thinner areas or brush marks it by adding sparkles on top. They add a fun touch while still remaining understated. I also like to do one nail without color and just do sparkles. (like in the pic)

I hope you enjoyed! And please tell me what you want to see next!
Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Essential Oils

August 2018 Weekly Writing Challenge: Write the first chapter to a novel you have no intention of ever finishing.

Minimalist Closet Tips