Writer's Block?

 I was sitting at the computer trying to write a story for my 30-Day Writing Challenge. I was trying my hardest to write but just losing all my creativity and inspiration.
 It can be so hard to write when you have writer's block or just when you can't focus on what you're writing. I get it! I try to write every day but for the last week, my mind just refuses to write what I want it too! And also I really can't (or don't want to) write when I don't have a source of inspiration.
 Here are some ideas to combat writer's block and hopefully help you!

1. Make it fun. Currently, I am listening to super fun pop music. It helps me write faster and also I don't contradict myself as much (not sure why). It's so fun to dance along and somehow it helps me get ideas that otherwise I wouldn't have thought of. You could also do something really simple like eat or drink something good while writing. It sounds kinda dumb but it just helps to make it more fun!
 Another great way to stay interested is to just switch up the scenery. It really helps me! I normally write on the computer which I really like but sometimes just need something different. I love to write outside or even if it's just walking into another room, it really helps!

2. Whenever you get an idea, write it down. This normally happens to me at 1:00 am when I can't sleep. I think of the best idea and have to write it down. Now you don't have to do this at 1:00 but say you're going for a run and you get a great idea. It's not that hard to pull out your phone and write down the idea. I keep a running list of ideas and write on the list at the weirdest times but those are the times I'm most creative.

3. Write about what you love. When I was doing the 30-Day Writing Challenge I came to the day about someone who inspires you. When I first heard that I was thinking I had to write and a 30-page essay about George Washington. Now, of course, George Washington was a great man and in school, I do long essays but this was supposed to be fun! So after a little thinking, I did a post about Kayley Melissa (someone I really love watching!).
 If someone says they love writing about George Washington, great! That's awesome that you find interest in that. But if George isn't your jam find something else. Find what style is yours and what you're interested in.

4. Give yourself a breather. Obviously when your writing for hours on end you're going to get to a point where you can't think of anything. This is true for anything, not just writing! Take some breaks and it will make your writing so much better and keep you sane.
 If you've been writing for a couple hours and fresh ideas are still flowing then you don't have to take a break. I use breaks as a kind of reset time where I can organize my thoughts and not have to worry about whatever I'm doing.

5. Write it down even if it sounds terrible. I was writing a story and I just felt like it sounded super cheesy! Well, that doesn't matter! Just write it down anyway and you know what? Normally when I come back a read it again it's not that bad. And if it does sound dumb then you can come back and edit it after your done with the story.

 I absolutely love writing and coming up with stories and ideas. I use these tips all the time and they totally work!
I hope you enjoy your writing!
Bye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Essential Oils

August 2018 Weekly Writing Challenge: Write the first chapter to a novel you have no intention of ever finishing.

Minimalist Closet Tips